It's so super easy and cute, I think.
And it's a great way to remember your new year's resolutions. The printables are right on Celebrate magazine's site...and there's actually a whole New Year's printable party there too.
I simply ADORE that magazine.
Here's how I made everything.
1. First, I painted the frame with Martha Stewart Metallic Gold paint, followed with a spray of gold glitter paint. Then I painted on some white milk paint over the top of that. After everything was dry I distressed the frame so that the gold would show through.
2. I wasn't as happy as I thought I would be with the results since I wanted more of the gold to show through. So I took some of the Martha Stewart gold paint and used my finger to dab it around on the frame where I wanted gold to show up.
3. Then I took some gold ribbon and stapled it on the back of the frame as tight as I could. The clothespins are painted gold as well.
4. Lastly, I wrote resolutions, and pinned them onto the ribbon. I like how it all turned out!
5. I also made a cute little garland out of fabric ribbon and gold ornaments attached to the ribbon with clothespins. So super easy to make!
And here you have it...fun sparkly New Year's decor!
Hope your New Year's is filled with fun and love!